The Pop Princess of Pakistan drops by Chakdey HQ for a quick chat!
1. Introduce yourself…
I am the Pop Princess of Pakistan, my real name is Noor-ul Ain but you can call me Annie Khalid! I am known for my curly hair and a song called “Mahiya”!
2. Your new single “Tujhe Yaad Kiya” has just been released? In one line, sum up the track for us…
Yes, it’s out now so go and buy it straight away if you still don’t have it! It’s a Punjabi song but with an electro pop sound! And of course you will love it!!
3. If you could star as the heroine in the remake of a famous Bollywood film, what film would it be and who would you play?
Jab We Met playing Geet Dhillon, the character played by Kareena Kapoor! Why? Because I love Kareena and I absolutely loved that movie. I would love to remake it and maybe even do some playback songs for it too!
4. For a while, you were the face Pepsi in Pakistan— did people stop you on the street?
I was the face, yes, and it gave me a huge amount of exposure but that campaign has ended now. I have to admit, it was such a great achievement in my career. I used to get stopped a lot and still do, and I love interacting with fans as a result.
5. You’ve worked with our very own Rishi Rich on your current single; tell us something about him no-one else knows…
He is a very thoughtful person, with a lot of depth. There is a lot more to him than just music; he’s very intelligent and has a heart of gold. But you probably already knew that…
6. So what was it like being an Essex girl going back to live in Lahore for a while?
It was nice, I had the chance to really experience Pakistan and live there. I am in love with the country and really miss it! But Essex is cool too, most of my friends and family are here so you could say I have my heart in both places.
7. How would sum up the music industry in Pakistan vs. the UK?
Believe it or not, it’s actually very similar! The industry is the same wherever you go. I have experienced that in Pakistan, India and both the UK & US.
8. What’s playing on your iTunes this week?
“Work Bitch” by Britney Spears, I like listening to this when I’m running, and also “Burn” by Ellie Goulding – I just love her style and vocal tone.
“Tujhe Yaad Kiya” is out now on 4Play Recordings. Find out where to buy it here